Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Drift, an all new standalone Alpha Hero Romance by Anna Brooks is AVAILABLE NOW!

 
I could tell this girl was lost. She was also scared and alone. This life was going to destroy her… If I let it. She refuses my help and protection until she realizes the audition she's attending isn't an audition at all. It's an auction. And she's about to be sold to the highest bidder. I've got the money to buy her, but better than that, I've got the power to save her. *** The Guarding Her series contains adult content and is intended for readers 18+. Each book can be read as a standalone.
   

Grab your Copy Today!

FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED
Amazon US -https://amzn.to/2khCJdi
Amazon Universal - http://mybook.to/drift
Add to Goodreads - https://bit.ly/2x67I5y
 

EXCERPT

“You’re a bodyguard?” Her quiet voice pulls my attention back to her. “I am.” Reaching in my pocket, I pull out my wallet and take out my ID for Royal. Slowly walking toward her, I hold my arm out, and she takes the plastic rectangle that gets me access around the building. “I’ve seen some other guys walking around here with that ace logo, but I’ve never seen you.” None of those assholes better have said shit to her. “Yeah, about eight of us live here. And I work a shit ton of hours, so it’s not surprising. But you did see me working a few weeks ago outside of Savoring.” I’ve thought about her more than I care to admit since then, but what I will admit is that it was fucking awesome to feel something other than guilt and regret. “I know. I remembered you.” “I remembered you, too.” “Carter Cane.” She looks up at me. “That’s the most superhero name I’ve ever heard.” “I am not a superhero.” She puts the card on the counter and slides it toward me. “What are you, Carter Cane?” “Just a man.” Her head falls to the side, and she studies me. “I don’t know if I believe that.” “Who are you, Billie…?” “Bishop. Billie Bishop.” I snicker, and she straightens her spine, the backbone in full effect. “Why’re you laughing?” “If I have a superhero name, then you have the best goddamned damsel in distress name I’ve ever heard.” “I am not a damsel in distress. I can take care of myself.” “Okay.” She puts her hands on her hips. “I can.” Holding mine up in defeat, I answer her, “I never said you couldn’t. In fact, I think you’ve been doing it for far too long.” “Why would you say that?” “It’s my job to read people. I read you the moment I saw you.” “Yeah?” “Yeah,” I whisper. I just hope to Christ she can’t read me. She licks her lips. “What did you see?” “Everything. Too much… not enough.”  

About Anna Brooks

Anna began writing when she thought the world would want to hear her sick lyrics through song.Since then, she's realized her childhood dream wasn't so far-fetched, just misguided. Now she writes romance with real emotions and happy endings. If Anna isn't writing or reading, she can be found by a space heater drinking a ridiculous amount of Diet Dr Pepper. She also likes to hang out with her husband and two boys. If it wasn't for them, she wouldn't ever leave the house.
Anna was born in Wisconsin but now lives in the Evergreen state.

Follow Anna Brooks

No comments: