Monday, February 12, 2018

Out Now!! Keeping It by: Rachel Robinson...Review



KEEPING IT by RACHEL ROBINSON
RELEASE DAY BLITZ



RELEASE DATE: Monday 12th February 2018

PURCHASE LINKS:

ADD Keeping It to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2KeepingIt

SYNOPSIS

Tyler
Tahoe. Badass. SEAL. Player. Powerful. Jerk. Available.
All words used to describe me for the past ten years. Wrapped up in the war, running and gunning constantly, has taken its toll on me. My next assignment is supposed to be a break, something to aid in taking the edge off; help open a new base in the miniscule, coastal, Florida town of Bronze Bay. A non-deployable position, I can work-out, decompress, and handle the mundane tasks of structuring a new SEAL command. Or, in other words, enjoy my free time with the tanned, toned, country women of the south.
Mission accepted.

Falling for a southern belle wasn’t supposed to happen. In fact, it’s more stressing than any challenge in my sordid past. Especially when she uttered the words, “I am a virgin.” 

Someone cover me, I’m going in.

Caroline 

My first memory is in an airplane over the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. My daddy sitting beside me and my heart full of joy. When I was sixteen, I made my first solo flight over those exact same waters. My daddy owns and operates the little airport in Bronze Bay, so my eyes have been skyward for as long as I can remember. Things like men and college, never appealed to me. My days are spent waitressing in my Mama’s diner, counting down the hours until I can head to the airport.

Then the SEALs came and changed everything. Big, brutal, jerks, forcing themselves into our little slice of paradise. Demanding use of our airport. One man in particular, aiming to take more than I’m ready to give. He is beautiful. Magnetic. Strong. Convincing. For the first time in my life, I’m flying in a different, exhilarating way. Keeping it isn’t going to be easy when merely looking at the man makes me think of four words.

Foxtrot. Uniform. Charlie. Kilo.
Bless my heart, I’m in trouble.




My Review: (ARC provided)
Five stars!!

The prologue of this book had my mouth hanging open and wanting to know what was going to happen. Rachel has a way of doing that to her readers. Her prologues get you every time.  

“If the island was an organ, it would be my heart. Isolated, lost and misunderstood.”

I took my time with this one; talk about a slow burn, the buildup to this book is insane. You see this relationship go from banter, friendship, romance, steam, angst and love. It happens slowly and keeps you turning the pages to find out what’s to become of these two unique induvials.

As they learn more and more about each other they form an intense bond. Tahoe our hero has relocated to a small town in Florida and all his sights are set on one thing and that one thing didn’t include the heroine. It did include her and her father’s airport, but in the process of trying to convince Caroline (heroine) to use it, his heart has other plans. Once Tahoe has committed to something he isn’t going to give up, (whether it is the girl or the airport). This is where the slow build to the story happens.

“Heartbreak tells you the love was real. You can’t be afraid of the end at the beginning. Go full throttle and see what happens.”

Tahoe has had his own heartbreak and has had a hard time moving on from it. Caroline never thought she’d find love in her small town and never wanted to give herself to anyone, until she starts dating Tahoe.

“You get this feeling when you want to keep something. It’s scary and vulnerable. It makes you feel like your skin is flipped inside out. It changes everything. Keeping that quality, keeping it, has to be protected at all costs. You become obsessed with keeping that which you can’t sacrifice.”
The both start falling hard and it scares them but as I said earlier, Tahoe is committed, but he is also obsessed with perfection.

“Her world is already open. I’m excited to show her another piece of it.”

This is a sweet story of two people that find each other at the right time.
This is a favorite quote of mine between the two characters; it is simple but so clever and really made me feel.

“I’m falling for you, Caroline May.”

“I’m flying for you, Tahoe Holiday.”

I’m going to lie and say Tahoe didn’t piss me off, he definitely screws up and Caroline is a tough girl and held her ground with him, I loved that.

One thing I found that I really enjoyed about this book was it’s not the typical virgin romance and you’ll understand that once you read it.

Rachel brings you another beautifully written story that will have you quoting her words.





For more information on Rachel and her books visit her website:
https://racheljrobinson.com

No comments: