Sunday, September 25, 2016

Review...Wally by: S. Briones Lim


Wally


A cowboy falls in love with a stripper. If only this story is as simple as that…

Wally and Mia couldn’t be any more different than they were similar. Both products of challenging childhoods and even more difficult post-adolescence, the two find themselves drawn together despite opposing lives.

Unfortunately, their love story is anything but happy. Sickness, tragedy and vices continuously threaten to tear the two apart. However, it is within these obstacles that the two finally learn the true meaning of family--even if this lesson is learned too late.


My Review: (copy provided)
 
Ahhh Wally! This book was beyond emotional and to be honest I wasn’t prepared for all of it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Usually with a book this deep I like to give myself some preparation. This book tore me apart and while I began to accept one tragedy another happened, every single one of these people had some kind of hardship. I loved Wally, he was such a standup guy and I wanted more than anything for him to get his HEA with Mia.

Mia is struggling and the only way to pay her bills and save money is to strip, it’s Wally who finds her, who saves her but doesn’t push. Maggie Wally’s sister is estranged from her parents, has a baby and Wally lives with her and helps out. All three of these characters are struggling with things in their lives. All three of them want to do what’s best or what they think is best. 
I’m not sure what else to say without totally giving it away. I will say prepare yourself, know you are going into a book that will have you laughing, crying and sometimes wishing you didn’t read what you did. You may go back and reread just to make sure.

I loved this cover and after reading the book I loved it even more.

S. Briones Lim is no stranger to tugging at your emotions or at least mine.

Add to Goodreads

Amazon 

No comments: