Saturday, March 26, 2016

Review...Slip Of The Tongue by: Jessica Hawkins

Slip of the Tongue
This cover is gorgeous!

Synopsis:
Sadie Hunt isn’t perfect—but her husband is. Nathan Hunt has her coffee waiting every morning. He holds her hand until the last second. He worships the Manhattan sidewalk she walks on. Until one day, he just…stops. And Sadie finds herself in the last place she ever expected to be. Lonely in her marriage.

When rugged and sexy Finn Cohen moves into the apartment across the hall, he and Sadie share an immediate spark. Finn reveals dreams for a different life. Sadie wants to save her marriage. Their secrets should keep them apart, not ignite a blistering affair. But while Sadie’s marriage runs colder by the day, she and Finn burn hotter.

Her husband doesn’t want her anymore.
The man next door would give up everything to have her.

 
My Review (ARC provided)
4 stars! 

Yikes this book! I don't even know how to put my thoughts down here. I'm not really sure where to start. I'm not a big fan of infidelity at all but for some reason this book drew me in. When I read a review or synopsis about it it's usually a big red flag and I avoid it all together, so with that said I knew going into this what I was going to get. But did I? Jessica Hawkins writes a really good story. She had me feeling for all of the characters even though they were not all that likeable.

I would have loved to get into Nathan's head a little but it was that, that kept me guessing and the author does a great job of it. I did feel like I got to know Finn better than Nathan but getting Sadie's memories of the past really helped me understand the person Nathan "was". Was meaning that he isn't that person anymore and hasn't been for a couple of months.

"I wish Nathan would knock on the door. Drag me home. Put his arms around me. Make love to me."

I can't really say I was rooting for Finn over Nathan either, I usually have a strong opinion in  a love triangle and in this book I wavered, a lot.

"I can see myself with Finn. I'm not sure I can see myself without Nathan."

The book started of a bit slow but then at about 50-60% in it picked up and I couldn't put it down. I can see why the heroine did what she did but I can't justify it. Nathan on the other hand needed to just speak up and communicate, I also get why he was upset but he handled it poorly. Could it happen in a relationship or marriage? Absolutely! And that's why I think it's harder to read something like this because it hits too close to home. Miscommunication or no communication is a big issue in a lot of relationships.

This book definitely had me feeling very emotional. It made me think, it made me hot, it made me sad, it made me value my marriage.

We know in a love triangle someone is going to end up hurt. I would love a story about that someone too. I can't wait to read Sadie's brothers story, he was my favorite character in this book from what I got to know of him.

If your not afraid to feel emotional and read about infidelity that I recommend reading this one.

HEA? (3) <<<click if you want to know.



No comments: