Monday, September 28, 2015

Review...Could It Be You? by: Katie Kirby



Synopsis:
Six months ago Rachel Kane was married and trying for a baby.

But then her world came crashing down when she found out her husband was leaving her for another woman.


Suddenly she found herself nearing thirty and living back home with her parents. No relationship, no space of her own, and struggling to make ends meet.

The soap she makes and sells through market stores gets great feedback, but she is finding to turn it into a proper business, and she is beginning to wonder if she will ever catch her big break.

When she finds out two of her best friends are getting married in the South of France she can’t wait for a relaxing break.

But will it be relaxing, or will it bring up a host of unwanted emotions?

Will she find it hard to be happy for her friends, when her own love life has fallen apart? 
  
To make it worse she finds divorce papers waiting on her doormat the day before she is due to leave.

She knows she should hate Doug for what he did to her, but suddenly it all seems to final.

Feeling emotionally fragile, Rachel is determined to plaster a smile on her face and make the most of her time away.

She is especially excited to catch up with Nick – they were always best friends until she got married and her husband grew jealous of their relationship, and now it is time to get things back on track.

Things perk up when she finds herself next to an attractive man – Tom - on the plane. Not only that, but he is really interested in her products.

And – even better – he is also a guest at the wedding.

Rachel could be on the brink of her first big sale.

But could her meeting with Tom lead to more than just business?

Will she manage to re-connect with all her best friends?

Or will the wedding prove to be all too much for her…? 



My Review: (review copy provided)
4 stars
Rachel (h) is an emotional mess, separated from her husband, trying to support herself and business and living with her parents. She is ready for some time away with her friends but just as she's packing up to leave she discovers divorce papers. Trying to make the most of the trip and her friend’s wedding she keeps her feelings to herself and puts her mask on.

While on the flight Rachel's meets an interesting and attractive man. He seems interested in her and her products. They both are going to the same wedding and he wants to learn more about Rachel and  her business. Rachel wants to have fun reunite with her friends and is really excited to see her best friend Nick. Nick and Rachel are a lot alike and the closest out of the group but since her marriage her friendships haven't been as tight knit.

Will Rachel find herself? And will she finally be able to move on?

This book was an enjoyable light read. I wasn't sure what would happen or how things would turn out and honestly it wasn't what I expected.  I want to point out that this is more than a love story but about a girl trying to come to terms with her life choices and find herself. I thought this book did a good job of that. The element of romance is there but it's subtle and I don't think it's the main point of the story (in my opinion). I kind of had a love/hate relationship with her friends while reading this book. They seemed a bit self-centered to me. And then the whole thing with Tom. That's all I'm saying because I don't want to spoil it but I thought it was kind of rude. Other than that I really liked the book and it took me by surprise which doesn't happen a lot. ;)

I wonderful debut for author Katie Kirby!
I recommend!


HEA? (3)<<<click here if you want to know.


Purchase Link:
Amazon UK 

Author Bio:
 
I'm an actor and writer currently living in Dublin, Ireland. I graduated from the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin in mid 2000's and have been fortunate enough to work in theatre, television and film ever since.

I have been writing since my youth and over a year ago began the journey of Could It Be You, my debut novel, which is very close to my heart.

I hope you enjoy....

No comments: