Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review...Undersold by: B.B. Hamel



 Synopsis:

It wasn’t the kind of aching need that could be forgotten or ignored, or even missed. It was a burning, powerful thing, and like all powerful things, it was mindless and blameless. It came from somewhere else and took me directly to Shane and his body. There was nothing left but to submit to its whims. I wanted to be a part of him, not of his life, but of his existence.
Amy Woodall has it bad. Her father is dying of cancer, her job barely pays the bills, and she can’t get through the day without thinking about her crushing student loans. As an escape, each night she throws herself into developing a smartphone app in the hopes of kick starting her stalled-out life.
Things change when she begins an innocent text flirtation with a man she meets online. Shane Green is beautiful, passionate, and rich in a way Amy can barely comprehend. He’s also obsessed with his privacy, and he’ll do anything to protect the people he loves from the spotlight. When Shane’s company buys Amy’s fledgling business, she finds herself torn between family, career, and love, with no easy way out.
There are new rules now, rules that dominate Amy’s thoughts. She must learn to listen or else risk losing everything.
This title contains mature content (explicit sexual situations and mature language), and is recommended for audiences 18+. 
Undersold is a standalone, full-length novel.
Check out of full first chapter for free and sign up for her mailing list at www.bbhamel.com.
My Review:ARC provided
 ***slight spoilers***

I'm reviewing this book but not rating it...Why? Well I just can't come up with one. This book grabbed me immediately and started out with so much potential but then that something that I crave in a book that something that I connect with wasn't there for me. I wanted more of a build up to their relationship and more angst. This was a quick, sexy, fun read and it doesn't have a cliffhanger which I appreciated but in the end I really can't say I loved the book. I definitely didn't hate it...I feel like a rating even if being three stars looks bad when you really did "like" it and most people that read my reviews know I don't like to bring a rating down because of my opinion. So here I am again struggling with a rating. Lets talk about the characters. 

Amy (h) has a low self esteem and is trying to make things work to help her sick father and pay her bills. With a little pushing from a friend she tries the online dating thing...well sort of. She connects with someone in particular but hasn't met him yet. All is going well when she sells her new app and is finally doing and getting paid to do what she wants, that is until her new boss just so happens to be her sexy cyber buddy. I loved this concept and right there I thought YES! this is going to be filled with angst.

Rex/Shane (H) he's closed off and reclusive, a guarded billionaire. The only way he escapes is to flirt on an online dating site. When he starts flirting with Amy there is something about her he wants more of and he wants to meet this one. Well he gets to meet her before he anticipated...to his surprise he just purchased her app. Let the sexual tension begin?

I loved the secret sexual "cyber" romance that is started between H and h. I thought it was funny how they ended up working together and I guess I wish the author would have played that up a little more. There office "meetings" were steamy but I just found the book to be a little too predicable.  I wanted to know more about him and get into his psych a bit. I feel I would have liked him better and connected better with him. I also had a hard time with the end. First he doesn't even come to support his girlfriend at her fathers funeral and Amy then is second guessing herself and wondering if he was upset with her because she hadn't been in touch. I wrote a note saying, really? he didn't even connect with you or show up, you should be upset. He shows up after the fact, her fathers death is put a side and all is forgiven.

So like I said this book had great potential and while I found it to be a easy fun read I'm still struggling. If you want a sexy hot boss, some super hot scenes and a book that grabs you from the start then check this book out. Add to goodreads!

HEA? (1)<<<click here if you want to know.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy.

No comments: