Saturday, October 18, 2014

Thoughts...Burn (Ignite #2) by: R.J. Lewis

Ignite (Ignite, #1)other edition>>>Ignite (Ignite, #1)
I waited to review this one because it ended so abruptly and left me hanging so I wasn't sure how to rate it. It's almost like this was part one of the book. This book was a roller coaster of emotions and angst, one minute I wanted to punch the heroine and the next I wanted to punch the Hero. I finally read Burn (Ignite, #2) (Ignite, #2) and let me tell you it was the same roller coaster if not worse. I loved it and hated it. At one point I wasn't even sure I would finish it. I'm glad I stuck with it though because it turned around after about 60%. There is so much to spoil with these books so I don't want to write too much for fear of spoiling them. I thought the author did a great job of surprising you and that's why I kept reading. I just was getting so fed up with Sara the heroine and Jaxon the Hero they were so mean to each other and so back and forth I was ready to quit. The author did a good job with Remy's character because I wanted to hate him and I did hate him for a lot of things, but then something would happen and the twisted part of me felt bad for the guy. I still don't know about a rating yet and I might not rate it. I think if you are going to read these you should read them back to back but you'll need a few breathers in between (if you're anything like me). The author has a book out about Remy but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet. I thought the writing was well done and so were the characters and development of them, but whew I just couldn't really like them. The author did a great job of tapping into your emotions and dealing with a Stockholm (type) syndrome. So like I said nothing negative against the author or her writing it was just too much for me at times.

No comments: