Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review...Sweet Addictions by: J Daniels

Sweet Addiction (Sweet Addiction, #1) My thoughts about Sweet Addiction. This was such a cute story, it had a lot of the qualities I really love in a book but something held me back from really loving it and I'm not quite sure I can even pinpoint exactly what it was. I'm thinking 3.5-4 stars.

Dylan (h) is looking for a hook up just one night at a wedding that just so happens to be her exes. Wedding hook ups never amount to anything...right?

Reese (H) knows the rules knows the game and is no stranger to one night stands, but he wants more than one night with Dylan.

Dylan doesn't want more, but it was the best sex she's ever had, so maybe a casual relationship? A no strings attached, monogamous but casual relationship...that should work. No way she will let it turn to anything more and especially with Reese's reputation, it would for sure turn into heartbreak.

As I'm writing this I think this is why I just couldn't give it a full 5 star rating. I may have liked the secondary characters more than the main characters. I really did like Reese and Dylan for the most part but the slapping got way out of control for me. The initial smack because of the marriage ordeal I got it, it didn't bother me at all, but then all the other times just seemed a little over the top. And I also couldn't get the fact that Reese called Dylan love all the time but lived in Chicago. As a Chicagoan I've never heard a male call their partner, or whatever love unless they were British. Every time he said it all I could hear was a British accent and I even went back in the book to see if I missed something. There is nothing wrong with an accent (I love them) but this wasn't the case. I really enjoyed the book, I got a few good laughs and it was quite steamy too. I will definitely read the next.

I recommend.

HEA (3)<<<click here if you want to know.

No comments: