Saturday, October 11, 2014

Review...Six of Hearts by: L.H. Cosway

Six of Hearts 5 plus stars! This book has been recommended to me by so many people so I moved it to the top of my list and it didn't disappoint! If  I could rate it higher I would. I love the cover, love the title, (especially the meaning behind it) loved the characters and loved every last word of the book. The characters are just so very unique. I found myself not wanting the book to end so I would read a few pages and walk away to prolong the book. I usually read a book in a day and for some reason I just took my time and read and reread parts because I couldn't get enough.

Jay (H) is an illusionist trying to confront has past. He is from Ireland but after a fire killed his parents and brother he was left in the care of his uncle. Jay leaves Ireland to go live with his neurotic uncle in Boston. Not being able to deal with his uncles neurosis he takes to living on the streets and learning to read people and master the art of illusions.

Matilda (h) who lives in Ireland is a sweet girl that just wants to find love and take care of her father. Her father has never fully healed after the break in and attack that killed his wife and Matilda's mother also scarring Matilda (mentally and physically) in the process. She works for him, lives with him, cooks for him, and feels like it's her duty to take care of him.

Jay enters their lives by seeking representation for a case against a reporter who claims one of his acts killed a man. Matilda's father who is a solicitor/lawyer is the one he wants to hire. After being denied representation Jay chats up Matilda who is her fathers legal secretary. Jay mentions he needs a place to live and coincidentally Matilda's father recently renovated their spare bedroom (to rent) in their home.

To Matilda's disliking Jay becomes her new roommate. They soon become fast friends but you can just feel there is more and wow talk about sexual tension. Jay tries to get Matilda out of her shell and expand her horizons a bit. Matilda feels socially awkward and she is not too keen on dating but wants to find that epic love because deep down that's all she wants. She is trying the online dating thing and Jay tries to help her come off as available without being awkward, but after one first date Jay may be regretting his advice and have other things on his mind. 

I love love loved Jay and Matilda! This is one of those books that you don't want to know too much about because you just need to go into it with no idea. The author did an excellent job with all of  her characters making them so unique and different. It was great to read about the illusions/tricks too, you can tell she really must have read and researched it.

 This IS an epic love story and I can't wait to read more by this author.

I highly recommend.

HEA ? (2)<<<click here if you want to know.


No comments: