Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review...Ugly Love by: Colleen Hoover (5 stars!)

Ugly Love  5+++++++amazing stars!


Here is the blurb:

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly
.

   

This book is told from a dual POV Tate's (h) present day and Miles (H) six years ago. It was done so well! I loved everything about the way this book was written. I devoured this in one night. I laughed, I cried, happy and sad tears. Colleen has a way of getting you on page one and does not let you go until the (bittersweet) end. I'm telling you every one of her books has does this to me. It was like you really got inside their heads and were living there in the moment. It was raw, real, sexy, funny, heartwarming, and heartbreaking. I loved the way it read, meaning the formatting of the book. It worked. 

Tate moves in with her brother to start a new job and program to get her Masters in nursing. As she's about to enter her apartment a passed out very drunk Miles is blocking the door. And so it begins. That's all I'm saying, I think the blurb does a good job of telling just enough. But know it's just enough and not at all what I thought it would be. Does that make sense? 

Going into this book after the blurb I was like hmmm the stereotypical a**hole wants a no strings attached relationship? Stupid, stupid me for that thought to even cross my mind, (smack myself in the head) this is Colleen, she doesn't do stereotypical no not AT ALL. Miles is just so broken but he is not an a**hole. Yeah there were times I wanted to knock some sense into him, but he was GOOD. 

 

Miles: "I don't know what this is, Tate". he confesses "But I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just don't know what the hell I'm doing." And he doesn't. He's honest with her from the beginning but not honest with himself.

 

Tate: "What did I do to upset you so much?"

 

Miles: "That was all me Tate," he says firmly. "Don't think for a second that my issues are because of anything you do or don't do." 

 

I obviously loved the beautiful and the ugly of this book and highly recommend, I think it needs to go to the top of everyone's reading list. :) Have your tissues handy.

 


No comments: