Saturday, August 23, 2014

Review...Bully by: Penelope Douglas

Bully (Fall Away, #1) 4 stars! I read this at the beginning of the year and Fall Away #2 Rival (Fall Away, #2) is coming out soon (August 26th). She also has a 1.5 in the series Until You (Fall Away, #1.5) which I haven't read yet but it is from the Hero in book one's POV. 

My Review:

 

 I had to sit on this book for a while before I reviewed it. I didn’t want to like this book and I didn’t want to root for Tate and Jared but for some sick reason I did. I keep asking myself how Tate could forgive Jared for all the things he’s done to her but in the end I wanted them together.

Jared and Tate have been best friends since they were young but after one summer away to see his father Jared comes back angry and it seems all his anger is directed at Tate. They start school in the fall and he makes life miserable for her…I mean he does things to her that you here teenagers committing suicide over. She decides to go study in Europe her junior year, after a year has passed she starts her senior year back at her school with all the same people and of course Jared. She has decided to take a different approach to him instead of letting him see how he gets to her she’s going to fight back.

I couldn’t put this book down and it made me mad at myself for liking it as much as I did. I am a mother of a daughter and would die if she had to go through what Tate did and then see them together after all of that. Also I don’t consider K.C. a good friend AT ALL. I don’t care how hot or how popular or if you’re trying to get your ex jealous, that just breaks the rules for friendship. What she did to Tate was really low. I honestly cannot believe how forgiving of a person Tate was. She was this story, I loved her. I loved how truly forgiving she was and she was beautiful inside and out.(Even if I wanted to smack her a few times.) I did feel for Jared and what he went through but I’m not sure what he put Tate through was forgivable. With that said the writing was great, I liked the book, and want to read the next. I can’t wait to get into Jared’s mind a little and maybe understand a little bit more of why he was so cruel.

This book had me thinking about it for days after reading it. Job well done to the author and for allowing her story to mess with mind like that.

No comments: