Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review...Allure by:Lacey Weatherford

Allure 3.5 stars

Here's the blurb...

 Brooklyn Hall has had her eye on uber sexy tattoo artist, Six Jagger, for a while. There’s only one problem—she’s pretty sure he doesn’t even know she exists. A friend of her older brother, Six is five years older than her. Plus, there’s the pesky fact that he’s had a steady girlfriend for months. Still, even though she knows there’s no chance for her, she can’t seem to let the fantasy go. 

Six Jagger has had a thing for Brooklyn Hall since the first time he laid eyes on her a year ago. However, after finding out her age, he wiped her off his list of possibilities. That should’ve been the end of it, but for some reason, he can’t stop watching and admiring her from afar. Happy that he’s successfully maintained his distance, all that changes on the night Brooklyn walks into Inked Edges, asking him for an illegal tattoo. After that, all his carefully constructed barriers come tumbling down, taking them on an explosive ride of lust, passion, and desire. All’s well that ends well, right? Too bad that wasn’t the end, but merely the beginning…

I liked the blurb "sexy tattoo artist" I usually can't pass up, but he was such a softy. I really liked Brooklyn's character she was smart, funny, and confident. She said it like it was not caring about what people thought. I find in romances you don't typically get a strong confident heroine so I found that refreshing.

I liked Six but I mistakenly misread the blurb thinking he would be more alpha I guess. Not a bad thing just not what I expected. There wasn't a whole lot of angst in this book, and everyone knows I like angst A LOT. Brooklyn and Six were just sweet and this was a sweet love story.

I liked the whole mystery involving Brooklyn's brothers hit and run it added to the story. I'm not going into that because I can't without spoilers.

All in all sweet love story with a little thrill.


No comments: